Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spanish Rice ~~~ Quick & Easy

Quick and easy Spanish Rice. I don't think you can get any easier than this one. I have to thank my friend Tracy for sharing her recipe with us, sorry Tracy but I had to add the Sazon to it. Seriously I can't help myself. It must be some type of genetic mutation in me that I have this uncontrollable urge to mess with recipes. Three ingredients and only 20 minutes of cook time. I can see endless possibilities for this as a side dish. So if your are in a rush and want a tasty side rice dish you do not need to look any further.


  • 1 can undrained Ro Tel original diced tomatoes & green chiles, 10 oz.
  • 1 cup white long grain rice
  •  water
  •  1/2 pack of Sazon seasoning by Goya, see pic below

Open canned tomatoes and place in a 2 cup measuring cup, now add enough water to make it come to the 2 cup line. Place all ingredients in a 2 qt. saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to low and cover with a lid cooking for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve.

Thank you Tracy Millhouse for this delicious, quick and easy recipe!

You can find Sazon in the ethnic isle of your grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment