Super Bowl XLV is coming up next Sunday, and it promises to be an exciting game, pitting the Green Bay Packers, winners of the first two Super Bowls under the legendary Vince Lombardi, against the Pittsburgh Steelers, with already six super bowl wins under their belts. And if you're gonna watch the game, you're gonna need some snacks, and Chicken Enchilada Dip is just what the doctor ordered for Super Bowl XLV.
I love Chicken Enchiladas, so I made this dip recipe for a nice twist for the big game. I'll bet you can't eat just one bite.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, ⅓ less fat, softened
- 1 (10 ¾ oz.) can Campbell's cream of chicken soup, 98% fat free
- ½ cup plus 1/3 cup reduced fat grated cheddar cheese (made with 2% milk)
- 1 (4 oz.) can mild green chilies
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos diced fine
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 spring onions, sliced thin, green tops too
- 1 (12.5 oz) can chicken breast packed in water
- Pam spray
- tortilla chips
In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and soup. Mix together well with a wire whisk. Then add green chilies, cilantro, jalapenos, spring onions, garlic powder, and ½ cup of the cheese and mix well.
Drain water from chicken and break meat up with your fingers so it is not in big chunks. Add meat to dip mixture and mix well. Spray a glass baking dish with Pam spray. Then add dip sprinkling ¼ cup of grated cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes, it will be very hot. This dip thickens up as it cools down. This dip is so good you can't stop eating it. Enjoy!