- 20.8 oz. pkg. Shady Brook Farms ground turkey, 93% lean
- 2 tsp. minced garlic from jar
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 green onions sliced thin, green tops too
- 1/8 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Kikoman teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Tuong ot Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2/3 cup hoisen sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then mix together the first seven ingredients. Roll into mini, about 1 1/4 inch, meatballs. Place meatballs on an oil sprayed cookie sheet with sides. when all meatballs are done place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
While meatballs are baking mix together the remaining six ingredients in a large saucepan over low heat and cook on low stirring occasionally until meatballs are cooked, do not boil. When meatballs are cooked toss into the sauce making sure they are coated well and serve immediately. You may transfer them to a crockpot on low or a chafing dish.
You may make this in advance if you wish. It will make about 3 dozen meatballs. Also I like to store my ginger root in the freezer, it makes it easier to grate and it lasts longer.