If you love to eat a Greek Salad you will be in love with this one. I just crave them from time to time. Well, you can have that wonderful flavor with this refreshing pasta salad. It is very easy to make and I like how refreshing and colorful it is. I always love a make ahead dish too. Mangia!
Greek Orzo Salad
- 1 ½ cups tri-color orzo, uncooked
- 1 cucumber, about 1 ½ cup prepared
- ½ cup sliced pepperoncinis
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup red onion sliced into slivers
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta cheese
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 2/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
Cook orzo pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile peel cucumber and slice in half lengthwise, then with a tablespoon carve out seeds and discard. Then slice both halves into thin slices. Add cucumber and the following into a large bowl: slice onion, then cut sun dried tomatoes into slivers with kitchen scissors. You can buy the pepperoncinis already sliced in a jar or whole, slice them if you need to.
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a 2 cup measuring cup and whisk together well. Once orzo is cooked drain and run cool water over to cool it down and to stop cooking. Once orzo is drained well add into the large bowl and add the olives and feta, mix together well. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
I like to use fat free Feta, it's the only fat free cheese that I like.