- 1 lb. Shady Brook hot or sweet Italian sausage (cut in half)
- 4 cups long grain white rice
- 8-10 boneless skinless chicken halves
- 8 cups chicken broth or prepared chicken base
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 2-3 packs saffron (3 grains) or ½ tsp
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 large onion cut into chunks
- 1 ½ lbs. andouille sausages, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 ½ dozen baby clams, cleaned
- 2 lbs. shrimp, large
- 2 lbs. mussels, cleaned
Brown hot turkey sausage, set aside. Meanwhile, in a very large roasting pan add rice, chicken, broth, green pepper, mushrooms, saffron, salsa and onion. Mix well. Add raw chicken and both types of sausages, layering evenly and covering with liquid. Cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
Remove from oven, add clams on top. Cook 10 minutes more, covered.
Remove from oven again. Add shrimp and mussels. Cook covered for 10 more minutes or until clams and mussels have opened. Paella is ready when liquid is absorbed and rice is fully cooked. Enjoy!
This is a very easy dish to make and yummy! Great for a dinner crowd or you may cut recipe in half. This is a different twist on the traditional Paella, which is usually simmered on stove top.