Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Norma's Brownies


When I was a little girl living in Oklahoma City my Mom made these brownies for me and they bring back such great childhood memories. I have never tasted a better recipe than this one. A light thin crispy layer on top hides away the dense fudgy center. With the kids back in school this is a perfect time to bake some brownies for their lunchbox or after school snack. Hey who says there has to be kids around, adults love them too. I remember thinking I did not like the idea of Crisco in the recipe so I tried it with margarine and butter, but it does not work. This brownie recipe will blow away any box mix. Enjoy a little bite of heaven.

Norma's Brownie's
  • 1 1/2 cups cake flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 10 Tbsp. powdered Hershey's cocoa
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup Crisco
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup nuts (optional) pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a electric mixer cream Crisco, sugar and eggs together. Then add vanilla, flour, salt and cocoa. Mix well until well blended. Spray a 13' x 9" x 2" Pyrex dish with Pam Spray, evenly spread the batter into dish and bake for 30 minutes or until pick in center come out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment