Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Balsamic Dijon Chicken Breast


The reason I love to marinate meat is to infuse the flavors and with the right ingredients it will tenderize it as well. I am happy to say that this recipe does both. The chicken was so tender and moist. I can see where this one can become a family favorite. So try a new one, I don't know about you but as much as I have my old favorites I crave a new recipe at times.

Balsamic Dijon Chicken Breast
  • 4 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil, extra virgin
  • 1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
  • 4 Chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
  • 1 large gallon size Ziploc freezer bag
In a small bowl mix together first 4 ingredients well with a wire whisk. Place chicken breast in bag and add marinate, seal and refrigerate overnight or at least 6-8 hours.

We cooked ours on our gas grill on high at 400 degrees by a direct cooking over flames for 12 minutes. Of course every grill is different, just cook until no longer pink inside. Or you may bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until no longer pink inside.

If you want a tender moist chicken breast then this is a must try for you. I believe this marinade would go well on pork or beef too, even though I did not try it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment