- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½-1 tsp. ground chipotle powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup water
- 1.3 lb. Shady Brook Farms ground turkey, 99% lean
- 1 medium sized diced sweet onion
- 1 can fat free refried beans, 16 oz.
- 1 jar pickled jalapeño slices
- 1 bag Utz Baked Tortilla chips
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican reduced fat cheese
Brown ground turkey and onion in a medium nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking oil and cook over medium heat. When meat is no longer pink and is cooked through add spice mixture to meat while stirring well until all meat is coated. Add refried beans and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 450º at this time if you are going to bake them.
You need to decide whether or not you would like to bake or microwave them.
• Option #1: Bake at 450º on a cookie sheet for about 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
• Option #2: Microwave on plate until cheese is melted, my microwave took 60 seconds.
Now that you have decided whether or not you want to microwave or bake, prepare the munchies. Place chips in a single layer on a plate or cookie sheet without any gaps and a spoonful of the turkey/bean mixture onto each chip then top with grated cheese and some jalapeños.
You may make the turkey/bean mixture aday ahead if you wish, just heat mixture up before preparing Nachos. Also you may add additional toppings such as sliced black olives, freshly chopped green onion, fat free sour cream, etc.