Monday, June 30, 2014

Black Bean Spaghetti Salad

I'll tell you that it was pure joy and excitement when I found this black bean spaghetti in the store. I was like a kid in the candy store, I'm a goofball like that. Woo Hoo! A new pasta to get my creative juices flowing. Guess what? I nailed this recipe on the first try, I just love that. So this is not only tasty but healthy too. I also found it to be filling and it keeps you fuller longer but not feeling bloated. Dare I say it? Even though it is made from beans it does not cause a gas problem. So eat your beans pasta style. Enjoy!

  • 1 lb. black bean spaghetti
  • 1 sweet yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips and then cut in half
  • 8 oz. bag Sugar Snap Peas, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
  • 6 green onions washed, trimmed and sliced thin
  • 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
  • 1 12 oz. jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1/3 cup fresh basil, freshly chopped

Dressing
  • 1/4 cup aged white wine vinegar
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp. granulated garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Cook spaghetti according to package instructions but add 1/2 tsp salt to the boiling water. Meanwhile cook sugar snap peas and mix together dressing and set aside. Now prepare the spring onions, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts and fresh basil.

As soon as the pasta is cooked drain in colander and rinse under cold water until cool. Let pasta drain well. In a very large mixing bowl add pasta,  prepared veggies and dressing. I found this very hard to mix so I washed my hands well and tossed it bare handed.

Chill for 8 hours or over night in an air tight container. Serve cold.

Calories in Explore Asian Organic Black Bean Spaghetti

Nutrition Facts

Explore Asian - Organic Black Bean Spaghetti

  1. 1    50g dry
Calories 160 Sodium 4 mg
Total Fat 2 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 16 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 11 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 5 g
Trans 0 g Protein 23 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 10%
Vitamin C 1% Iron 30%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment