- 1 package of Hebrew National 97% fat free franks
- 8 slices of center cut bacon
- 8 toothpicks, broke in half
- 1 pack of Martin's hot dog potato rolls
- pickled jalapeno slices
- Sargento 1/3 less fat shredded sharp cheese
Towards the end of the cooking time (about last 5 minutes), I noticed the toothpicks were not letting me cook the bacon evenly so I removed them by holding down the weenies with a spatula and pulling out the toothpicks with the tongs. The bacon will stay in place at this time and has adhered to the weenie. These take about 20 minutes to fully cook, yes 20 minutes. When bacon is crispy and evenly browned they are fully cooked Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess bacon grease and serve immediately.
You get to pick your toppings, but our favorite was cheddar cheese with some jalapeno slices.