I saw Wacky Mac Veggie Shapes in the grocery store and that inspired me to make this dish.
- 1, 12 oz bag of Wacky Mac veggie noodles
- 1/2 cup Smart Balance Margarine, original
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 1/2 cups milk, I used fat free
- 2, 8 oz block of pepper jack cheese, sliced thin
- picked jalapenos, strictly optional
Cook noodles according to package directions and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile melt margarine in a large pot, as soon as the margarine is melted add the flour, mix together well with a whisk to make sure that there are not any lumps.
Immediately add; milk, salt, pepper, cayenne and onion powder. Stir over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken, now add the cheese and stir occasionally until it is melted through.
Drain pasta and then add pasta to the pot of the melted cheese mixture, mix well. Spray your baking dish with cooking spray and add the noodles and cheese mixture. Add the optional jalapenos on top at this time if you choose to be daring
Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Below is a pic of my Wacky Mac Veggie shapes that inspired this dish. Go figure.
If you can't find Wacky Mac Veggie Shape noodles use 12 oz of any noodle of your choice.