- two 1 lb bags frozen petite peas, thawed in cold water & drained well.
- 3/4 cup spring onions cleaned & sliced thin, green tops too.
- 1/2 cup Aldi's Fit & Active Mayonnaise or Hellman's light
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 8 oz thick cut Bacon cooked crispy & crumbled
- 2/3 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
In a large bowl add frozen peas and cover them with cold water, set aside on counter to thaw.
Cook the Bacon until brown and crispy, Drain onto paper towels and as soon as it is cool enough to touch crumble and seal into plastic bag and refrigerate for later use.
In a large bowl mix together; Mayonnaise, spring onions, salt, pepper, paprika, & vinegar.
Drain peas well in colander and make sure they are thawed and not still frozen and stuck together in clumps, rinse under cold water if you need to thaw more. Drain very well!
Add peas and cheese to the Mayonnaise mixture and stir well, chill overnight or for several hours. Add Bacon just before serving and stir in evenly or you may use Bacon as an optional garnish.