- 1.3 (lb) ground turkey 93% lean or ground beef
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- green onions sliced very thin green tops too, about ¼ cup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger root
- 5 hamburger buns
- Garlic flavored olive oil or olive oil
- 6 cups Bok Choy, sliced thin, but cut off bottom 1 in. & throw away (I used 1 large one)
- ½ cup green onion sliced thin
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic from jar
- 1 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce (Kikkoman's)
- Tuong Ot Sriracha sauce and mayo, optional
Mix all ingredients together well with your hands. When mixed well divide evenly into 5 portions. Shape into burger patties and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Cook on hot grill for about 8 minutes per side for a total of 16 minutes or until no longer pink in center. I know this sounds like a long time, but they are big burgers. Brush inside of HB buns with oil and grill for about the last minute to toast the buns. While burgers are cooking stir fry all ingredients of the burger topping. When all is prepared place burgers on top of buns and with a slotted spoon add some of the Bok Choy mixture over top of burgers. You will have some extra left over and it can be eaten on the side.
I like a squeeze of straight Sriracha sauce on mine, but my Stud Muffin prefers it mixed with mayo. I use a ratio of 1 Tbsp. Sriracha and 2 Tbsp. Sriracha for the Sriracha mayo mixture.