Monday, June 20, 2011

Macaroni Salad

There are so many variations on this and everyone has a favorite version and I want to share one of my favorites with you. This is one that you must prepare 24 hours in advance to let the flavors meld. I like the crunch of the carrot and crispness of the pepper, together with the creaminess of the elbow macaroni. I always thought elbow was an odd name for a pasta. I look at it and it does not make me think of an elbow. Food for thought. Enjoy!

Macaroni Salad
  • 1 (14.5 oz.) box Ronzoni Smart Taste elbow macaroni
  • 1 cup finely diced green bell pepper or sweet banana pepper
  • 1 cup finely diced carrots
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. celery seed
  • 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 ½ cups Hellman's light mayonnaise
Cook macaroni according to package directions, but extend cooking time to 12 minutes. Meanwhile prepare carrots and pepper. Drain macaroni into colander when macaroni is cooked and rinse with cold water to cool down macaroni, drain well. In a very large bowl mix together macaroni and remaining ingredients. Place in an airtight container and chill overnight to serve the next day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment