Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Beer Bread


Whoever said that beer is just for drinking should know that you can have your beer and eat it too. This is by far the easiest homemade bread that anyone can make. My goodness only 3 ingredients, how cool is that. You can pick what type of beer that you would like to use. The heartier the beer the stronger the taste will be. I made it with a bottle of New Castle Brown Ale and it really had a nice hearty flavor to it. I also made it with a bottle of Miller and it had a milder beer flavor. There are so many variety of beers out there be brave and try one. I want to try a Jalapeno Pepper Ale next. Beer Bread for You!

Beer Bread
  • 3 cups self rising flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 12 oz. beer, must be warm
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together all 3 ingredients and bake in a greased 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4 inch loaf pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert slice and serve while it's still warm.

I want to credit this recipe to the Valley Elementary Fundraiser cookbook that I volunteered to publish back in the 1989-90 school year.



No comments:

Post a Comment