- 4 1/2 cups of freshly shucked Lima Beans*
- 1/4 cup chicken base
- 4 cups water
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup yellow meat potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Smart Balance original margarine
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
Whisk together Half & Half and cornstarch until there are no longer any lumps left. Now while stirring the soup slowly pour in the Half & Half mixture, constantly stirring. mixture will thicken up immediately. Turn off heat and serve immediately.
*I understand access to fresh Lima Beans is limited and seasonal so use some frozen ones if you do not have access to the fresh ones.