- 1 12oz. box of Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne Rigate
- 5 Tbsp of salted butter
- 12 oz (or more if you are a mushrooms addict), of maitake and cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, the drinkable kind
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 9 oz. of chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard, optional
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Whisk in the miso into the chicken broth and cook for 2 -3 minutes in the skillet, then add the nutritional yeast (this adds a cheesy like flavor), and stir until the sauce is uniform. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the skillet from the heat and toss into the cooked pasta.
Food Network star Melissa d'Arabian is an expert on healthy eating on a budget. She is the author of a cookbook, "Supermarket Healthy." This is my version of her scrumptious recipe.