Sunday, February 26, 2017

Smashed Potatoes

Spuds, Tators, Tubers are just a few of the many names for the versatile potato. Smashed Potatoes are kinda like a Twice Baked Potato, only different. :) Once you try these buttery tasting golden brown morsels you will never look at a baby spud the same way again. The golden caramelized cheese on top is the bomb. I like to serve them as a side with Dinner or Breakfast. They are so darn good hot out of the oven, but cold leftovers will be calling you back to the fridge. So make sure you make extra!

These small bags of baby potatoes can be a bit pricey, but I was lucky enough to discover them at a much better price at my local wholesale food club.




  • About 40 baby yellow meat potatoes
  • olive oil
  • freshly ground sea salt
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • grated Asiago cheese, about 6 oz.


In a medium size pot with salted water boil potatoes for about 20 minutes or until fork tender, then drain in colander. I bake my spuds on a large cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil.

Meanwhile preheat oven to 450 degrees.


I use a juice glass to gently press down the potatoes to smoosh them down (I like the word smoosh). Do not press too flat as you want them to still hold their circular shape.











Next I like to brush on the olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle cheese on top. Place into oven and bake at 450 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until golden brown.




Every oven is different so cook time may vary. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment