- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups chopped carrot
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 5 cups cubed zucchini and yellow squash
- 4 cups chopped fresh Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth or Chicken Base*
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped minced garlic from jar
- Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- ½ cup whole wheat pasta (elbow or shells)
- 1 can 15.5 oz can dark red kidney beans (undrained)
- ½ cup Benefiber powder (optional)
If you like to chop veggies then this is your recipe. This is a healthy recipe that will satisfy and surprise you about how good it tastes. Parmesan is a high calcium low fat cheese. I like to use kidney beans with no added salt as well.
*I also like to use chicken base to make my chicken broth. Just follow instructions on jar.