Fall is here and so is the damp chilly weather and this is the best time to make food to warm you up. What I love about this recipe is that it is high in fiber and low in fat, but you would never know it when you taste it. So trick those fat cells into singing. May your fat cells sing.
Chicken & Cheese Enchilada
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med. sweet onion, diced
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic, from jar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 (10 oz.) cans Campbell's 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped mild green chiles
- 1 (16 oz.) container fat free sour cream
- 2 (12.5 oz.) cans of chicken breast packed in water or 3 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 oz.) bag grated reduced fat Sargento's Mexican style cheese
- cooking spray
Meanwhile mix together soup, green chiles, and sour cream, mix well. Add to above mixture and cover and heat over med/low heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Open and drain canned chicken if using this and crumble with fingers to break up large chunks.
Add 3 cups of the soup mixture to chicken and add the cheese as well. Reserving the rest of the soup mixture for the next step. Spread out tortillas on counter and evenly divide chicken mixture between the tortillas, about 2/3 cups each plus a little more.
Spray a 10 x 13 inch pyrex dish with cooking spray and roll up tortillas and place into baking dish. Spread the remaining soup mixture on top of enchiladas and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Enjoy!