Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Baked Figs Stuffed With Cheese


There is something special about the sweet taste of a fresh fig. You can not compare these to dried figs or Fig Newtons. Also they are hard to find because they need to ripen on the tree. I love them so much that it prompted me to grow my own fig tree. This tree is only 2 years old but I am getting about 6-8 ripe figs per day off of it. I read that by the time my tree is 3 years old that I will get 3 bushels of figs. It is the easiest tree to grow and fall is the perfect time to plant one of these treasures.

Baked Figs Stuffed with Cheese
  • 12 fresh figs
  • Gorgonzola crumbled cheese about 1/2 cup
  • Pam olive oil spray
  • kitchen scissors
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile using scissors cut off fig stems then cut halfway through fig twice in a X pattern. Gently open up fig and place on a pyrex glass baking dish. Gently place about 1/2 to 1 tsp of cheese into X opening of fig. Spray figs with Pam olive oil spray and bake for about 10 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment