Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Creamed Corn Muffins


I love corn muffins, but I do not like a dry corn muffin. These babies are nice and moist. I love to serve them with my Gumbo, or with Chili. These are so tasty that you will find many ways to serve them. So let's get out the muffin tin and make these oh so easy to make muffins. Enjoy!

Creamed Corn Muffins
  • 1 ¼ cups flour, all purpose sifted
  • 1 cup yellow corn meal
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • ¼ cup canola oil*
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 (14 ¾ oz.) can of creamed corn
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir in the oil, milk and eggs, incorporating until just wet then stir in the creamed corn until just mixed.

Pour the batter into 12 greased muffin cups, filling to the brim. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until puffed and a tester comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in a pan for 10 minutes before turning out. Makes 12 muffins. I always serve these with my Gumbo or Chili recipes.

* My friend Joe shared a cooking tip with me. He accidentally left out the oil and found out that they were still scrumptious without it. I don't know about you but I'm always trying to find a way to cut back on fat, but not on the flavor. Thanks for the tip Joe!

Sweet Variation: Use 1 (8oz) can drained crushed pineapple instead of creamed corn

Dan Pelz, the former owner of The Inn at Buckeystown, was kind enough to let me use his recipe.  Thank You Dan!



No comments:

Post a Comment