- 2 cups leftover chicken cut into bite sized pieces, I prefer white meat or a mix
- 2 cups finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 4.5 oz cans chopped green chiles
- 2 15.5 oz cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained & rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups hot water with 2 tsp chicken base mixed well
- ½ tsp hot sauce, you pick your favorite
- 1 bag Utz Baked Tortillas
- Garnishes; low fat shredded cheese, fresh chopped cilantro, & chopped spring onions.
I like to crush some low fat baked tortillas in there first and add the garnishes. It gives it a nice corn taste without the added fat of regular chips.
Add first 9 ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer covered over a low heat for 45 minutes. Ta da!!! Now it does not get any easier than that. Now prep your garnishes just before serving, no sooner no later (just kidding). Ladle chili into bowl and place some crushed chips on top, then add the garnishes. Now it's chow time!
This is not a large batch of chili so it's perfect if you don't want a lot made. Double it up if you want more.